More progress on The Discovery!

I know I’ve disappeared for a while, but I’ve still been building. I have finally come up with a design for the front of the warp nacelles of Discovery that I am happy with. I have also completely rebuilt the stardrive section to make it much more structurally sound and able to support the weight of the warp nacelles. It proved to be a big challenge to get the angles on the stardrive spot on, and still make it stable enough to support the nacelles. Its a difficult design because it is so different to any previous Federation starships, especially with the long and heavy nacelles.

Finally we can get an idea of what the end result will be, and the size of it. There’s still a lot of work to go, and I am working on a complete redesign of the saucer.

Luckily, I just ordered some new parts and I am looking forward to putting them to use!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s